Monday, May 5, 2014

DECORATOR'S REMORSE



At my job, I get to see a lot of people's homes. I see big homes, small homes, messy homes, clean homes. I see homes by Kirkland, homes by Pier 1, and homes by brand names I can't pronounce, much less afford! You'd think after all the homes I've seen, I'd have come up with some good ideas of my own.

But no.

My  decorator's remorse  is inevitable. A trip to the hardware store & two coats of paint. Such is the length of my commitment to a color scheme, and I'm blaming Pinterest. Someone ought to be blamed for my indecisiveness. What's the first website I turn to for inspiration and ideas?  To which website did I pin 20,000 images to a B E D R O O M S  board and no two have a single pillow case in common? Which website is responsible for the chevron pandemic of 2010? How about for taking C.S. Lewis quotes out of context as the basis for hipster religion? Maybe that's a different topic, but you get the point.

That's right. PINTEREST. I love it & hate it; don't you?

Pinterest often robs me of my originality & creativity! I'm too busy staring at a screen admiring other people's homes and not busy enough actually living in my own. I love creating, and I want to create a home that is true to myself. That means it will never be perfect, and it will never be finished, and I'm okay with that.

And I know, I know. You saw a great quote on Pinterest the other day that more beautifully articulates what I just said.  ;)

End rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment